[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The 64k$ Question

          Hi, Guys and Gals..............

          I am building my second generation Tesla coil. My question
          to you,who probably have a lot of experience with this, is:

          What type of spark gap would you recomend for the following
          Tesla coil (ie. airblast, series w/air,etc.) I will experiment
          with everythig else, but I really don't want to waste a lot of
          time with this element.........

          Xfmr: Two 15kv neons in parralell (60 m.amp ea.)
          Cap: 20kv, .025 mfd (CP unit), due in one week
          Primary : 14 turns, 3/8 copper, 30 deg. spiral
          Secondary: 6" acrylic, 22 ga. magnet wire, 875 turns
          Chokes: "Winging it" (maybe recent TCBOR, D.C. Cox ???)

          Any help on the spark gap issue would be most appreciated.
          I should throw the switch in about two weeks,and will be
          eager to share my results with you......

          Tom Renko  (The Amp Man)