[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Faraday cage

Hello all,

I am needing to build a Faraday cage to hopefully reduce the
interference my coil causes with my telephone and the AM radio reception
around my house.  No neighbor complaints, but just encase the FCC is
listening.  My question is: how fine of a wire mesh would you need to
block the RF from a coil running from 200 to 350 kHz?  And the
associated "noise"?  I was thinking of trying Aluminum foil strips, but
then was thinking of the grounded capacitance around my coil, as the
basement room I have my coil setup in is not to spacious.  So I was just
interested in what creative designs some of you may have come up with?
 Thanks for any input.

David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>