[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: safety gaps

Hi everyone,
             I'm seeking a reaction of some sort here. It is my
intention to run a rotary with a neon supply both AC and at some
stage DC (I can feel the bricks flying from here). However, I am
going also to use a static gap planted firmly across the rotary to
catch "misses" that may occur, the gap setting to be some value that
I would normally use if using a static gap alone. I want to explore
higher rep. rates than the static gap will allow. Also, I am
interested in reducing quench times over what the static gap will
allow. (Ultimately I am intending to use uWave transformers rectified
with a charging choke to get reasonable firing voltages as pig firing
is beyond my means costwise and supplywise).
    Question : Does this scheme at all modify the wisdom of not using
a rotary with neons? If not, where does the weakness in using
rotaries with neons lie?

Thanks to all comers,
Malcolm