[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitor Purchase

Well,

I was just about ready to order another capacitor from Condenser Products
when David Lawrence said I could buy his.  He was in on the last group buy.
 It is .025 mfd rated at 20 kv, which is what I was going to order anyway.
 David has been too busy to finish his system and graciously let me have his
cap.

Now, all I need to do is clean up the oil mess and hook up the new capacitor.
 I think I will lower it down in the coil mounting cabinet.  The cap that
blew up was mounted only about 18 or 20" below the primary - maybe this had
something to do with its demise??  I had raised it in order to shorten all
the primary interconnects.

Has anyone else ever ran their coil with the cap mounted this close or closer
to the under side of the primary?  At 5 to 9 kva?

Ed Sonderman