[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Miniature Tesla Coil???

Ted Payne,
My son and I are in the process of building a Mini-Tesla.  We're using the
transformer from a bug zapper for the Hi V side.  One problem We've
encountered is no specs on the coil.  The box is labled as 7W, but this could
be 3.5KV and 20 ma or 2KV at 30ma.  Without more info it's difficult to find
the right Capacitance with the program I'm using.  Anyway for your mini coil
you might look at the bug zappers, but try and be sure the specs for the
transformer are on the box or the zapper itself.  With that info than the
same principles and formulas available here and other sites should apply.
 ric gramly