[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ELF-Tesla

 * Original msg to: Cplyler-at-i-america-dot-net

Charlie;

I am working my way down, but have not yet hit ELF yet with my
equipment. However, Tesla has done considerable ELF research,
primarily in Colorado Springs, and this is something I am
familiar with both as a Tesla historian, and an experimenter with
a good working knowledge of Tesla equipment.

I believe Tesla hit ELF with the Colorado Springs machine by
rectifying the output of his high-voltage coil and then using the
HVDC to charge a well insulated "isotropic" capacitor (his
antenna) to a potential of at least 1 mev. This capacitor-antenna
was then discharged through an adjustable spark gap into the
system RF ground. Coherer based detectors were then used to
record the ELF pulses as they resonated through the planet.

I can document that all of these elements were present at
Colorado Springs between 1899-1900. Tesla sketched in his notes
the corona shielding that was required around his patented single
terminal X-Ray tubes at the extremely high voltages produced by
his industrial sized coil. Tesla's patent record and the Colorado
Springs notes show these same type tubes employed as open air HV
rectifiers when connected to the open end of a Tesla coil. The X-
Ray beam produced by these tubes was aimed at a heavy conductive
plate which was then charged to a HV potential with DC. Tesla set
up a HV insulated mast 168 feet high topped with a conductive
sphere. He states in the Colorado Springs Notes that the antenna
was insulated to at least one million volts. By connecting the
receiving plate of the HV air diode to the antenna it was
possible to charge the antenna with a HVDC and discharge it
through the RF system ground that also grounded the coil.

What is interesting is that with today's modern materials and
designs a functioning system of this type can be built in a much
smaller area using substantially less input power. Using 5 gallon
glass bottles of the type used by home brewers (which to be used
for bottled water) it is quite possible to construct a Tesla
type, single terminal field emission X-Ray bulb of considerable
power. My coils already produce reliable HF voltages in excess of
the one million volts required to operate the largest and most
powerful field emission X-Ray tubes of this type. Any heavy steel
plate can be used for the HVDC side of the open air diode. For a
HV antenna/capacitor a mylar balloon filled with helium (or
lifted with hot air), and tethered with synthetic line to the
roof would suffice for the required isotropic HV capacitance.

The spark gap from the antenna to the system ground, and the
input power into the system can be varied to produce a very
powerful spark discharge at a wide range of ELF frequencies.

I really feel that this is how Tesla performed his original
experiements, and how they might be effectively reproduced.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12