[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Miniature Tesla Coil???

I'm a high-voltage enthusiast and am slowly gathering info and parts to
build my first Tesla coil, probably a "typical" coil of 2-foot or so output.

This question, though, is a little different.  While I often hear of coilers
wanting to build bigger and bigger units, I've never heard of anyone
building a miniature TRUE Tesla coil (not just a little "flyback"-type
circuit).  So here are my questions:

1. has anyone done this, with the goal of making a very small coil with
performance proportional to larger, high performance coils?  In other words,
for example, maybe a 3-inch tall secondary with a 3-inch output discharge.

2. what would be appropriate specs for such a thing?

3. what might be suitable sources of priamry high voltage (analogous to neon
transformers in typical units)?

4. is this not possible/feasible for some reason(s)?

I think such a little coil would be very interesting to build, play with,
and show off!

Thanks very much for any info on this!!

Tedd Payne