[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ozone

Hello,

  The spark gap in my coil builds up quite a bit of ozone.  I need to
be able to run my coil without ozone leaking out into the outside air.
Right now, I have a system of a fish pump which basically pumps the
ozone out through a fish air-tube into the outside air.  This system
works beautifully (if anyone wants the details I'll be happy to post
them), but a point may come when I'm not able to run this coil by a
Window.  Say I was to make an air-tight case around the spark gap.
This would prevent ozone from
escaping, and would result in ozone being changed to oxygen, and stuff
like that.  Basically, it's a closed system.  Occasionally I could open
this to equalize presures and stuff like that.  What my question is
would this be a problem for the operation of the spark gap?  Any
information, or information on other solutions for dealing with ozone
would be appreciated.

  Also, I've heard that blowing cold air on the spark gap can be
beneficial.  How cold does this air need to be, and how fast must it be
moving to be effective?

Josh W. Perfetto
Josh W. Perfetto

---
Sent via WorldLink on 03/04/96 at 12:06:30.
From: Tidal Wave BBS
      Altamont, NY
      The best around!