[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Filter Torroids Question

Hi Jim,

> >As far as the voltage rating on the wire, you shouldn't need to worry
> >too much.  These ferite toroids are non-conductive.
>
> WRONG, they are semiconductive. They vary between 10 ohms/meter and 10^5
> ohms/meter! If you don't bleave me, put one on ground and connect the
> secondary of your neon to it about 1/8" away!

Actually Jim, I was talking specifically about those toroids that many of
us have purchased lately from Hosfelt electronics.  These particular toroids
are plastic coated.  So, they are non-conductive.  I still covered mine with
several layers of electrical tape.  But you are correct, ferrite is a
semiconductor.

My apology for being vague,
Scott Myers