[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Update

> From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 16:29:01 -0500
> To: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com
> Subject: Update
>
> I also completely disassembled all the spark gap, capacitor and primary
> connections.  The rotary gap, cylindrical gap and capacitor are mounted on a
> lower shelf below the coil on a roll around cart.  The lower shelf was about
> thirty three inches below the platform the primary is mounted on and all the
> interconnections were made with two pieces of RG213 in parallel.   I raised
> the gaps up several inches and the capacitor up about 1.5 feet in an attempt
> to shorten all the wiring.  Then I reconnected everything with 3/8 copper
> tubing.  It was a fun job, kind of like plumbing with no water to leak when
> you're done.  I am still not sure what to use for the moveable tap lead from
> the capacitor to the primary.  I think I will use three pieces of RG213 in
> parallel.  I hate for this to be the one low Q interconnection point.  What
> is everyone else using for this??

Why so small a conductor?  It need not be insulated for HV if you keep it clear
of the rest of the circuitry.  I use a piece of 12/3 600V cable with lugs
soldered on both ends.  It just happened to be laying there when I threw this
together.  I was going to use 8/3 with stranded conductors but didn't have
lugs on hand that were big enough to fit all three conductors in.

-Mike McCarty