[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

3-Phase Pole-pig Answers

>I may have found someone that might be able to find me a pole pig. I have a
>couple of questions before I tell him my requirements. First, what would be
>the ideal size to get. I figure on one around 14.4kv, but what wattage?
>Also, would a three phase transformer work if I used just two of the
>windings?

I use 440 3-Phase at the shop to play with my TC, I only use L1 and the
Common but you can use any 1 of the three and Common!. With 3-Phase you have
L1,L2,L3 and Common (Neutral) the three legs are out of sync with each other
(NOT LIKE 220V Single Phase where both legs are in sync). Normally the
Xformers for 3-Phase are all individual/seperate for each leg. IE....1
transformer for L1 and it's Common, 1 Transformer for L2 and it's Common,
and 1 for L3 and its Common. The three Output Commons are then combined and
four wires enter the service Panel L1,L2,L3 and C.

They Do Make a combo Transformer (All three legs in one big case) but they
are HUGE and VERY HEAVY (Like need a crane Heavy)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if this is the case Then the HV terminals are spaced wide (a foot or so
inbetween each and the LV are close together.

Joe Duszynski
E-Mail:joeyd-at-sojourn-dot-com
FAX:1-(517)-782-4244
Box 5469