[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Ground system

Hello..
I have a concern about the RF ground for my system...
currently I dont have any problems..but soon my coil will be hitting the road..
for use in some performances...
Since most of the performance locations are not really set up for this type
of thing, I am having to include a contract rider listing the system req.
for the use of the coil...
Since my system is  small..power is not the problem..(15kv,120mah)
however.. Isolated ground and RF is.
I am currrently working on the chokes and line filter system, for the power
supply, but I need to establish a independent RF ground.
Is my system to large for a counterpoise? I seem to think so...
What I was thinking was requiring the venue to provide a 3/4" hole in
concrete floor, within 20' of the performance area through which I could
drive a 6 to 8' copper pipe/or clad rod...driving it almost flush..using it
..then (if needed) knocking it flush/reseal  before leaving.
This sound like a real pain, and I am hoping there are some other ideas...

Also...With the possiblity of PA systems and lighting controls in the
vicinity...I will probably have make many faraday sheild blankets..to place
over the equipment, and sleeves over the controler wires...also..I will
need to hook up dis-connect switches between the PA speaker leads and the
power amps..to keep the voice coils from recieving and sending current back
into the amps..

Is this overkill for my sized system?

Robert Del Bueno