[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Spark gap

To Chuck and the Group quoting Magic Bill:

 > I don't thinks there are plans currently available for proven
 > rotary gap designs, or at least none that I have heard about.

 > Reprints of the Best from the Electrical Experimenter,
 > 1916-1917 are available from Lindsay Publications. (815)
 > 935-5353.  They carry a lot of Teslas' work and other strange,
 > out-of-print books.  There are several drawings for rotary
 > gaps in the reprints.  Maybe a plan or two and description of
 > construction.

I book escapes me for the moment, it should be in my Tesla
bookshelf but it appears to be missing. Nonetheless try:

_TESLA COIL SECRETS: Construction Notes and Novel Uses_
R.A. Ford, 1985, Lindsay Publications, Inc., Bradley IL 60915
ISBN 0-917914-31-7, paperback, 74pp. Ford researches and repro-
duces several classic Tesla coil and component designs from
publications of yesteryear. He updated nothing, but did include a
very good section on rotary spark gap designs.

_HIGH FREQUENCY APPARATUS_
Thomas Stanley Curtis, 1916, Everday Mechanics Co., Inc., New
York; Reprinted 1988, paper ISBN 1-55918-003-X, cloth ISBN 55918-
004-8, Lindsay Publications Inc., Bradley IL. 60915. Paperback,
246pp, Lindsay order number 20030, $ 11.95 : Classic coil text,
much of which was reprinted in 1985 by R.A. Ford in his book
"Tesla Coil Secrets". "Classic" means before the age of plastics,
and these historical coils and coil components frequently lack
efficiency, reliablity, and safety. The sections on rotary spark
gaps and step-up transformers is excellent however.

Lindsay Publications, Inc., P.O. Box 12, Bradley, IL. 60915
Voice - 815-935-5353 ; Fax - 815-935-5477
Lindsay also offers a good selection of Tesla literature, classic
electronics publications, reprints, and T-Coil Design software.
Ask for their 1995 Technical Catalog.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12