[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1000 foot sparks?

At 06:58 PM 5/29/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>From rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-netWed May 29 06:32:12 1996
>Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:00:08 -0500
>From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: 1000 foot sparks?
>
>"Hi All,
>
>I recently heard on the weekly International Tesla Society radio program
>that there is a fellow out there who claims he will produce 1000 foot
>'sparks' from a 1/8th scale size setup of Tesla's at Colorado Springs.
>Has anyone heard rumors to this effect, or know who this mystery
>researcher is?"
>
>Regards, rwstephens

Tesla's primary was roughly 50 ft in diameter, so 1/8th that is a bit over 6
feet wide, and his tertiary coil was about 10 ft by 10 ft, so 1/8th of that
is about 16 inches by 16 inches.  Heck, Richard Hull has built magnifiers on
this scale and he's gotten maybe 14 ft sparks.  1,000 footers?  I don't
think so!  Maybe if you scaled Tesla's Colorado Springs setup UP 8 times....

Bert