[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Lumped vs. Helical Resonator

Hi Mark, Richard and everyone,
                              I wonder if it might not be time to have
a serious go at rectifying the coil output and charging a small v.
high voltage cap (peak detection), then measuring the DC. I am
currently considering building a CW multiplier to get near the MV
range using EHT diodes and PCB caps. I'll have a think about
modifying the structure to double its uses. I think  current
limiting would have to be a key feature to avoid smoking the diodes,
but I can't see that affecting peak measurements greatly. Any ideas?

Malcolm

You wrote: >
<snip>
> We have tried numerous schemes and methods, all have left us uneasy about
> presenting them in our videos or even in a casual paper on the subject!

<big snip>