[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor test results

On Tue, 28 May 1996 22:29:40 -0600, Tesla List
<tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

Malcolm said:
> I admit this one's bugging me
>>heaps.

Myself also!

> Maybe I will set up a bench test using one or two neon transformers, the
>small variacs, the normal high voltage filter board, static gap and a length
>of 12 guage wire to simulate the primary.

Ed,
	To many variables. Start with the neon an a spark gap. Does it
work? yes. Add the variac. does it work? yes. Add the cap. does it
work? yes ... test each piece at a time. (I know it is a linear
search, not a binary one, but sometimes the simplest method works
best)

PLEASE keep us posted.

	Best Wishes,

	jim