[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> Can free
> electrons exist in free space?  Space has no mass or charge and electrons
> do.  Free space is the worst dielectric because it can store no energy.
> Energy and mass are inseparable.  If there is mass, then there is not just
> free space.  If mass and energy are inseperable, then one cannot store
> energy in free space.
>
> Comments?

I think one of the primary difficulties with the discussion is that space
just isn't understood very well as of current.  Anyone versed in quantum
mechanics care to expand on the nature of space?  Would Faraday have ever
found this discussion fascinating...  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.
Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html