[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroids

Re: Aluminum duct etc.
	I have considered filling the grooves in the duct
with plaster, but have come up with a simpler ideas which
works just as well electically, although you can't get
the beautifully smooth surface of a (very expensive) spinning.
Just lay ordinary masking tape over the duct, several layers
thick, and oriented to run across the "valleys" int he
the grooves.  If you pull it tight the final product will
be about as rigid as you can hope for, or you can coat it
with boat resin and sand that down.  Anyhow, after all this
you wrap with your aluminum tape and burnish with something.
I have a teflon roller about 2" in diameter which works fine.
Only a couple of hours work to build a really big, light weight
toroid.
Ed Phillips