[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More real experiments

Tesla List wrote:

> >From lod-at-pacbell-dot-netSun Nov 17 11:50:50 1996
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 14:12:00 +0000
> From: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: More real experiments
>
> Richard Hull wrote:
>
> > Well gang,
> >
> > I have been busy over the weekend with my Pearson current monitor and
> > capacitive HV voltage divider.  I physically measured the voltge across
> > the gap and current through it while the coil was in operation.  In an
> > effort to find the power consumed by the gap in operation.

R. Hull

> [snip]
>

> Interesting experiment!  Did you try the same msmt at other power levels?
> I'm curious as to how the arc resistance will vary as the current is increased.
> On your six-gap tungsten sparkgap, what was the total gap distance?
>
>snip
> -GL

Greg,

The little micro coil that I was using really couldn't handle much more
powr than I used as it was only 3" diameter by 5" tall.  I hope to try a
number of additional experiments soon with more variants in it.  The
total gap of the six gaps was on the order of .018".

Richard Hull, TCBOR