[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 50%

Tesla List wrote:

> >From music-at-triumf.caFri Nov  1 21:39:38 1996
> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 07:31:53 PST
> From: "Fred W. Bach, TRIUMF Operations" <music-at-triumf.ca>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Cc: music-at-triumf.ca
> Subject: Re: 50%

> >Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 22:25:03 -0700
> >From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> >To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: Re: 50%
>
>    [ snip ]
>
>    Well, indeed, thanks to Richard and Malcolm and others commenting
>    on this thread, I believe I have come to a new realization about
>    the *resistive* or *capacitive* discharge of capacitors.  Funny I
>    can't remember this from college.  We must have covered it....
>
>   big snip

>    What a good thread this has been!  My respects to you all.
>
>  Fred W. Bach ,    Operations Group        | Internet: music-at-triumf.ca
>  TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility)    | Voice:  604-222-1047 loc 6327/7333
>  4004 WESBROOK MALL, UBC CAMPUS            | FAX:    604-222-1074
>  University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., CANADA   V6T 2A3
>  "Accuracy is important. Details can mean the difference between life & death."
>  These are my opinions, which should ONLY make you read, think, and question.
>  They do NOT necessarily reflect the views of my employer or fellow workers.

Fred,

Yes, it was covered in our college curriculums, but at near light
speed and without any ramifications being discussed.  Add to that the
fact that we were young and such minutia were not a "first order of
business" then.  This allowed such a fascinating piece of info to just
drop through the cracks in our education.

Richard Hull, TCBOR