[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> From couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-netFri Nov  8 22:14:57 1996
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 08:19:32 +0000
> From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?
> noises and sparks indicating energy losses. Obviously these losses
amounted
> to 50% because the voltage dropped to V/2. Thank you for making those
tests.
> I was concerned that we could not account for the losses. Energy is
conserved!

Not so fast! Richard's experiment did not prove that energy was conserved.
In fact
he showed that 50% of the energy was unaccounted for. The answer is that it
was lost to generating sparks and heating resistors, but his experiment did
not
account for the loss mechanism. You would have to put the discharge
resistor
in a calorimeter or the like to make sure that you really KNOW where the
energy went. If you don't believe in conventional physics explainations,
why should
you even believe in energy and energy conservation anyway?

-Ed Harris