[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: 50%

Hi all,
         I have a simple well-established observation to make on
energy transfer in the coil - the oscillograms. Primary rings down to
zero, while the secondary rings up to???  We are dealing with pretty
low loss circuits, at least until a discharge starts from the
secondary (and then the secondary energy is lost in that discharge).
It should be remembered that critically damped circuits have a Q of
0.7 odd. Primary Q's are of an order of magnitude greater _at least_
and I now think much higher again. Unloaded secondary Q's are around
the 150-300+ mark.

FWIW,
Malcolm