[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Output Voltage

>Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:06:49 -0500
>From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: TC Output Voltage
>

>Bert wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>I'd take more meaurements under high-power, but I'm concerned about
>>"frying" my scope - I get "zapped" from near-field effects just touching
>>the scope to make adjustments. Maybe a chicken-wire screen to block the
>>electrostatic field betwwen the coil (and me) and the scope??
[snip]
Robert wrote,
>I made a 2 inch mesh chicken wire screen shield out of a 2"X3/4" fir strapping
>frame, 6 feet wide X 8 feet tall, which rolls around on castors.  I run a
>flexible wire to this screen to ground.  Hiding behind this screen I
>am perfectly safe even with powerful streamers striking the screen
>with my nose just a few inches behind it (this looks REALLY cool!).  There is
>no "static" problem behind the shadow of this screen.  This could be the trick
>safety gear for you now!  Costs relatively little to make, and could
>save your life, as well as test equipment.

I built a 6' by 10' screen with Al window screen (free) to shield my
only neighbor that has a TV antennae instead of cable ( I don't do
cable either; but then, if I'm coiling, I don't care what MY reception
is; only minor snow on VCR playback) I've not run my pig powered coil
enough yet to determine if this works.

	cheers,

	jim