[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?

>Subject: Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> <snip>> >Subject: Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?

>> You present an interesting argument in favor of vacuum holding charge.  But,
>> what is charge? Snip-

Phil,

I understood that "charge" is an effect. Like the north pole of a magnet is
an effect opposite to the south pole of the magnet. An electron has a
negative charge. The charge is not a thing, it is only an  EFFECT  due to
the presence of the electron. Protons and positrons create the same sort of
effect.This effect occurs in the material we call free space or vacuum. (It
is not free by the way, you have to pay for it)

>> Hence, if charge does not need mass (electrons), then it should be possible
>> to have charge transfer, or current flow (dQ/dT) without the flow or
>> movement of electrons.  Make sense?

Not to me again, (Sorry Phil),

Current is measured as the flow of electrons. It has nothing to do with
charge. Charges push the electrons along but without electrons you can not
measure current flow.

>> Expounding further, if current can flow without electrons,(CURRENT MEANS
ELECTRON FLOW I think?) then it should be possible somehow to extract energy
(current flow) from free space.

>> What do you have to say about that?

Here I go again Phil, (Not had enough medication today?)

A transformer does just that. The primary of the Tesla coil does not at any
time transfer electrons to the secondary, but the current flows in the
secondary by extracting the energy from the free space around it.The free
space flows around the secondary, having been stirred up by the effect from
the electrons in the primary. The flowing "free space" pushes the electrons
in the secondary around by acting on their charge and it is this  movement
of electrons which you can measure as current and NOT the charge or effect
which is pushing the electrons. A wave of "free space" is usually called
electro-magnetic radiation.Don't know what the flow of free space is called.

Paul Millott.

(These rantings are purely fictitios/ fictishus / fiktcious *?#-at-! imaginary
and will probably go away by the morning, I am not an expert or one of these
more extinguished people on this list but I have used my own excretion in
presenting what little knowledge I have in the hope that one of you more
imminent members will enlighten me)