[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: TC Electrostatics
>
> >From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comMon Nov 25 10:58:01 1996
> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 07:11:30 -0800
> From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > >From rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-comSun Nov 24 22:34:16 1996
> > Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 19:40:18 -0800
> > From: Richard Wayne Wall <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: TC Electrostatics
> >
> > 11/23/96
> >huge snip

> > Conventional EM theory expresses an exponential decay proportional to
> > 1/R^2.  Conventional EM predicts about 79 volts for the 1.8 kV at 5'
> > (70V column).
> >
> > Clearly, something in addition to EM is taking place in this system.
> > Without doubt, electrostatics are involved and are produced by the TC.
> > Are not scalar electromagnetics supposed to follow 1/R attenuation?
> >
> > RWW
>
> Richard,
>
> Nice experiment, Richard!! Conventional EM theory predicts a 1/r^2
> amplitude decrease for radiated EM energy (i.e., radio frequency AC).
> The electrostatic voltmeter was measuring a DC potential buildup, which
> is not expected. However, your results appear to be consistent with
> earlier DC experiments done by many in this group (although the
> phenomenon is certainly not well understood as yet). The fact that your
> measured values scaled as 1/r would be consistent with the way potential
> (i.e., the magnitude of an electric field in volts/unit distance) scales
> linearly from a point source (similar to a small sphere). However, its
> also not clear that this consistency is directly related to the
> phenomonon!
>
> The great mystery is exactly why the high voltage AC at the top of the
> coil ends up creating a DC potential buildup on the pickup plate which
> also seems to scale linearly (from a spherical source). There's
> certainly strong evidence that ions and/or free electrons in the area
> surrounding the coil are at work. The Richards (and many of us
> afterwards) have shown that this effect is enhanced by making the
> "emitting surface" from the coil have a smaller radius. There's also
> strong empirical evidence that disruptive (but not CW) coils
> electrostatically "charge up" operators in a similar fashion, so there
> also appears to be some interaction(s) associated with the higher peaks,
> relatively low duty cycle, or damped wavetrains. But just how does this
> all fit together?? This is really interesting stuff!!
>
> BTW, could you determine if the plate became positively or negatively
> charged?
>
> Safe coilin' and DC generatin' to ya!
>
> -- Bert --

Bert and Richard ,

Our work shows that the collecting electrode takes on negative charge
regardless!  An ES voltmeter can't make this determination.  An
electrometer can.  Note that we have recorded DC output even from a
non-discharging disruptive system.  This output is of a much lower level
than the discharging system, but there nonetheless!  The electrometer is
a pivotal instrument in quantitative measurements of such systems.

Richard Hull, TCBOR