[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bi Polar coil

Tesla List wrote:

> >From Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-comFri Nov 22 20:31:51 1996
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 16:06:08 -0500
> From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Bi Polar coil

> <<
>  Sorry I wasnt more specific on the coil I wanted to build. It is on Jimmy
>  Pauls home page in the Tesla gifs. I love the asthetics of this coil, I
> gotta
>  have a model like it on my shelf. Little table top model it seems. Ive got
>  get a handle on coil dimesions then start it.   Stephen
>
>   >>
> Stephen,
>
> You want to build the secondary to whatever dimensions you want, then
> calculate its resonant frequency with whatever terminals you will use on the
> ends.  Then calculate the primary coil and capacitor using 1/2 of the
> secondary frequency.  It is basically two 1/4 helical resonators driven at
> the center with no ground refrence to the secondary.
>
> Ed Sonderman

All,

The half wave coil secondary is best, just wound to any size which you
find fits your physical contraints.  Next characterize the coil as a
quarter wave coil.  If its 1/4 wave frequency turns out to be, let's say,
500 khz, you will have a 1mhz 1/2 wave system.  The primary tune must be
set to twice (2X) the quarter wave value of the resonator!  By the way,
don't look for long sparks! These systems are never good performers.

Richard Hull, TCBOR