[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

kluged bipolar coil

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Hi Group,
About a year ago I threw together a bipolar coil with some pieces I had
laying around.
Try http://d0server1.fnal.gov/www/huffhtml/tesla/mytesla1.htm (I think this
is public, if you need a password let me know)
This was before I knew much about TCing. The coil was 1-7/8" dia 17" long
~1100 turns 28ga. The prim. was 10 turns of 10ga wrapped around the middle.
Capacitor was 2 door knobs with a PCB section in parallel. With two small
ball bearings on each end of the output I was able to get 7" arcs with
~7500VAC input. All connection were clip leaded together. The secondary is
completely floating.
for what it's worth..
Dave Huffman