[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coronatron update

<<
 All,

 I have mentioned previously that I am building a 15 kilowatt, vacuum
 tube Tesla coil as a prototype part of some development work for a
 commercial client.  As part of the arrangement I retain possession and
ownership
 of this nifty toy.

 The good news is the unit is now completed, minus only
 the secondary resonator, and has undergone successful preliminary
 testing into a lamp load!!!!  : )  On first power-up I promptly let the
smoke
 out of the actuator coil on the plate transformer contactor, and
 after an hour of testing one of the cooling blowers failed, both
 victims of years of damp cold storage, but these defective used parts
 are now replaced with good working extra spare used parts.  Nothing
 serious.  Heck, even all of the 6 panel meters moved the correct
 direction the first time!

(Snip)

 This unit will now be moved to my new Shelburne facility which I have
 just acquired and am now in the process of moving into.  At the new lab
 a high voltage secondary resonator will be fabricated and dropped into the
tank
 coil and final development work and testing done.

 This unit is proposed to function as the BBQ for my upcoming
 Teslathon and St. Elmo Dog weeinie roast.  I can smell those dogs
 already! : )

 rwstephens >>

Robert,

Sounds like a facinating project.  Please keep us posted.

Ed Sonderman