[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oscillator circuit for solid-state TC

>Date: 16 Oct 96 16:41:09 EDT
>From: Alan Sharp <100624.504-at-CompuServe.COM>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Re: Oscillator circuit for solid-state TC

[snip]
>I remember fourier transform - don't know if I could revive the grey cells
>that used to understand it! But its not a bridge - 2 // primary windings
>energised alternately. (Another reason for needing a big transformer :(.

Hi Alan,
	That method is called "push-pull" and does produce an AC
waveform [square wave] at the transformer output. It's advantage: only
2 switch elements are needed. It's disadvantage: the non-conducting
switch is subject to twice the applied voltage.

	cheers,

	jim