[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spark gaps

Tesla List wrote:

> >> Subject: Re: spark gaps
>
> >From rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-netThu Oct 24 22:58:14 1996
> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 00:37:29 -0500
> From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: spark gaps
>

> I recognize that in total system designs one often trades off costs for benefits
> in other areas.  In this case you have traded a bit of motor life for a performance
> benefit.  That's fine.  But what I said is  _still true_!
>
> regards,
> rwstephens

Robert,

Again, I have examined the windings in my motor carefully after
your post, and they are still the nice orange-red poly-thermalize wire
color with no real corrosion visible after all these years.  I certainly
wouldn't want to put these in a CW spark suckin' application for service
in the public domain, but for the amateur, I would image their children's
children would still have working blowers NOx and all!

Richard Hull, TCBOR