[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com> wrote:
>> Subject: Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)
>
>>From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comFri Oct  4 22:08:41 1996
>Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 09:50:23 -0700
>From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> >From sroys-at-umabnet.ab.umd.eduThu Oct  3 22:24:20 1996
>> Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:57:58 -0400 (EDT)
>> From: Steve Roys <sroys-at-umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
>> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject: Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)
>>
>> On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> > A lot of folks think the primary rings are transferred to the secondary!
>> >  Well,.... yes and no.  If you do not quench your primary circuit arc

<HUGE SNIP> <HUGE SNIP> <HUGE SNIP> <HUGE SNIP>

>could avoid the reflection loses in the original spring.  We seek to
>allow the spring to hit with max energy, but stop it at that point and
>not give any rebound energy back to it.
>
>In an over-coupled, and, or, under-quenched coil.  All the energy from
>the capacitor which can be magnetically coupled is in the secondary after
>the end of the first 1/2 oscillation in the primary.  Immediately
>following this, the secondary is pumping some of its valuable, just
>received, energy back to the primary, if the gap is still conducting.
>
>Precision quenching is what I'm looking for in the H2 thyratron
>experiments.
>
>Richard Hull, TCBOR

Can you tell us more about your H2 Thyratron experiment?  What type of
thyratron are you using?  How is it connected in your circuit?  Is it
running in a grounded cathode or grounded grid configuration?

Regards
Dave Lockwood