[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More capaciter Questions

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> 6.  There is going to be a hamfest in Tampa FL which I am planning on
> attending and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for things to
> look out for that I will really need in the future?

Very useful stuff:

1. Signal generator and frequency counter (used w/LED's to characterize
secondary)
2. Vacuum tube voltmeter (used with 1 to characterize primary)

Useful stuff:

3. Oscilloscope (doesn't have to be 50-100mHz, 5 mHz works fine for most
coils).  Old Tek tube scopes are the most rugged around T-coils and can be
picked up cheap.
4. LCR meter (to check your caps and coils)

Good things to keep an eye out for:

5. Magnet wire
6. Variacs, 120V and 240V (make sure it's 60Hz, not 400Hz or 800Hz)
7. High voltage caps
8. High voltage transformers
9. Motors
10 Antenna tuners (variable inductors)