[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor construction

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996 22:25:30 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
writes:
>> Subject: Re: Capacitor construction
>> >Subject: Re: Capacitor construction
>
>>From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comFri Oct 18 21:55:52 1996
>Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 07:08:36 -0700
>From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Capacitor construction
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> >From wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-comThu Oct 17 21:27:12 1996
>> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 05:49:46 EDT
>> From: Mark S Graalman <wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com>
>> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject: Re: Capacitor construction
>>
>> On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 23:05:23 -0600 Tesla List
><tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>> >Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 19:39:13 -0500 (CDT)
>> >From: Mike Hammer <mhammer-at-midwest-dot-net>
>> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> >Subject: Re: Capacitor construction

>> >construction. I
>> >Richard H.)
>me
>> >is how
>down
>> >in a
>stack
>enough
>the
>> >cap
>> >around
>oil?
>> >And
>> >bonding?
>> >advance.
>> >>

>>         Hi Brad,
>>
>>  I have two flat plate PE caps, one with 80 plates, one with 30
>plates
>> and they are mounted with the plates in a
>> verticle configuration, I  stacked my plates and then
>> clamped them between two pieces of 3/8" thick lexan
>> before placing the whole assembly into the contaier of
>> oil. Both of my caps are 4 years old now and are still
>> working fine.
>>
>>                         Mark Graalman
>
>Mark,
>
>This is GOOD news. The chemical resistance chart from Laird Plastics
>indicated that Lexan and Polyproylene might have a limited life with
>Mineral Oil. Actual "hard" experience from other coilers is VERY
>useful
>- I suspect Laird's ratings may be overly conservative. Sounds like we
>mighty be able to change the "C" to a "B" for Lexan in the table
>recently posted per Malcolm's request.
>
>Safe, non-leaky, coilin' to ya!
>
>-- Bert --

Well Bert,

 Maybe I should have been more clear, I really don't know
anything about mineral oils effect on plastics, but I'm
using transformer oil in my capacitors just for your info. However, a
friend of mine has used mineral oil in his caps and has not had a
problem.

			Mark Graalman