[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beginner Measurements

     Big snip  --------------------------------------------------------------

>>Hi All -

I have found that quick and dirty resonant checks are one of the reasons
that tests, theory, calculations, etc. do not agree.

To show what I have found I have designed, built, and thoroughly tested a
small Tesla coil and made a report of the results. The report consists of
the values found in the tests and also shows the calculations and wiring
schematics I used. The report also includes a computer printout from the
JHCTES Ver 2.3 program plus other information relevant to the tests.

The testing procedure that I recommend in this report will guarantee that
your tests will agree with your calculations. The calculations can be done
on a standard computer spreadsheet and you do not need the program unless
you want automatic tuning and other features.

I will send the report free to the first 25 coilers who will send me a self
addressed stamped envelope. After that the report will go into one of my books.

I was not going to post this at this time because I would like to check it
further. However, it appeared the report could be used by some coilers now.
I do not have a large coil to check the test procedure so I would be
particularly interested in having the large coil builders give it a try.

Jack Couture
10823 New Salem Point
San Diego, CA 92126