[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A few questions

Hi,
I am in the middle of making my first Tesla coil and I have a couple of
questions. Please answer as many as you can.

1. The plans I have say to take some insulation off the primary for the
tap. What is a tap?

2. I need to adjust the spark gap until I get the largest arc, right?

3. For the terminal I going to use a Styrofoam ball wrapped in metal
duct tape, will that work?

4. for the insulation on the secondary I am going to use three cans of
spray on acrylic spray, does it need more?

5. the plans call for a 6000v transformer and a .005 uf cap, do you think
   that a 15kv neon light transformer and 12 wine cooler salt water caps
   would work?

6. It calls for a choke, but I thought because i have a neon light
transformer that I don't need it. Is that right?

7. I Am doing this for science fair, can you think of any problems or
questions that a Tesla coil will solve?

Thank you so much for anwersing my questions.
				,Kyle Chadwick.

  [Part 2, Application/MS-TNEF  2.3KB]
  [Unable to print this part]