[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla's Notes

>> 4. Did he, perhaps, keep equivalent notes for everything he did
>> during his career? What a fascinating lot those would be.

>Absolutley not.  There is no record of such notes until Colorado in
>1899.  There are a bunch of scattered and loose notes on the Wardenclyffe
>period, with gaps of months and even years in them!!
	To expand a weeee bit.

	Back when the Colorado Springs Notebooks were rediscovered
	and published, it was said that one of the problems Tesla had in
	various patnent suits was that he DID NOT have or keep notes.

	So, when in a court of law, it was hard to 'prove' that he HAD had done
	thisandthat on suchandsuch a date.  I dunno how many of 'us' work in
	R&D, but there are fairly simply, exat, rules for keeping lab books,
	in order to have a paper trail for later, legal, purposes.

(as to the return, i seem to recall a line in one of his letters to his
agent/attorney, roughly:

	...there seem to be no commercial possibilities in this line of
	investigation...
	)

	regards
	dwp