[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TCBOR Teslathon

> Barry Benson and Steve Roys sort of let the cat out of the bag by
> posting, but hey, good things can't be kept a secret forever.

Whoops.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

> Besides, smart money would say start up you own
> yearly bash!  Steve Roys did!!  He now holds the TCBOM teslathon at his
> home (payback is hell Steve).  We need more Teslathons!!!

Reserve your spot NOW!  A mere $50 handling fee will probably
guarantee you an invite to the second annual Tesla Coil Builders of
Maryland Teslathon/swimfest/cookout.

But seriously now...Richard is right.  You don't have to rent a hall
and have it catered to have your own Teslathon and have some fun.
Our TCBOM Teslathon consisted of 7 people (the 4 TCBOM members and 3
ambassadors from the TCBOR group) mainly sitting around, eating dogs
and burgers, floating in the pool, and talking high voltage.  We had
a few small Tesla coils running, had a show-and-tell time, and we
dinked around a little bit - nothing at all like Richard's spark and
physics phest, but it was fun because it brought like-minded people
together to exchange thoughts and ideas.  Next year, we'll have even
more stuff to dink around with, and hopefully a small "for-sale"
section.  But only time will tell how many people will be there.

> If you do decide to hold your own Teslathon, it will be great until the
> list hits 30 people in a few years!  Then it is a tedious effort where
> you are running around in a daze trying to see to everyone's needs and
> preparing the next demo, directing traffic to the "head", fetching soda
> and ice, etc..  Now that a couple of other 'Thons are going, I love to
> attend them and suck up the other guy's soda, harrass the hell out of him
> and generally hang around with the intent purpose of doing absolutely
> nothing except going one on one with my fellow coilers. (something you
> can't do if you are in charge).

We're still in the "collecting members" stage, so if anyone in the
Maryland area is interested in joining our group, drop me some email.
I live in Carroll County about 30 min north of Baltimore.

Steve Roys.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)