[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Great Balls of Fire

Richard - thanks for the reply:

>Regarding the photos of fireballs.  Be very careful.  From video, beware
>of video noise artifacts being held out as fireballs!  A fireball will
>survive with little motion from frame to frame over a number of frames.
>It is unlikely to have a 4 frame fireball (i.e 1/8 second)  On still
>photos taken via time exposure, look for a bright streak with a very
>non-sparklike path.  Watch out for chemical streaks (processing faults),
>Negative emulsion gouges, lens flares (often from rotary gaps in the
>same frame).  We, TCBOR folks, have never seen one in all our years.

The last statement tells me that this is not easy to do - or even only
very difficult to do, or have you simply not gone hunting them?
Has anyone at TCBOR or on the list tried to replicate Tesla's / Corums'
work on this - or tried interacting two running coils?

Does it require very high power monster coils or very subtle
conditions - or is it simply the big foot of the tesla world.

>Oh!  before I forget,  My book is now officially sold out at my end.

Murphys law again - as soon as I decide to buy a book it goes out
of print :(

Let us know when its back in print, or the name of a supplier who
has a few copies and takes credit cards (or pound notes).
(We've done the channel tunnel - when are we going to do the
Atlantic :)

I may get some of Corum's material - Steven Roys wrote:

> A lot of their (Corum's) articles are technical, but not to the point that
> you need a PhD in physics to understand what they're saying.

I was put off their TESLA coil tutor - despite my physics degree
- I prefer now to take my greek characters joined up in New
Testament form - OK I could plough through the math - it
looked easier than advanced quantum mechanics but heck
I'm doing this for fun - dinkin at dork factor 9.

Alan Sharp (UK)

Some of my congregation think they are motor cars - they only
turn up for a service twice a year.