[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Arc length vs pwr Re: Arc length vs pwr

Jack,

>The TCD Manual graph shows typical Tesla coil spark lengths vs wattage as
>follows:

>500 w/11 in, 1 KW/20 in, 2 KW/32 in, 5 KW/64 in, 10 KW/110 in

Thanks - I'm in the ball park at the moment with 14" from 300 - 500W on a solid
state coil. It will be interesting to see if I can get to 24" from 1KW. I can
measure
DC current & voltage so I can be fairly sure of my figures.

D.Gowin wrote:

>This can't be correct.  My max strike distance measured is 35-36"

It would be interesting to measure the actual power going through
the transformer - it may be drawing more current than you expect. Or
it may well be that experienced coilers can do a lot better than these
figures suggest. Anyone else care to comment?

Have fun,

Alan Sharp (UK)