[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Two Capacitor Problem.

Tesla List wrote:

> >From 73041.2215-at-CompuServe.COMMon Oct 28 21:46:10 1996
> Date: 28 Oct 96 11:16:23 EST
> From: JEFFREY WIGGINS <73041.2215-at-CompuServe.COM>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: The Two Capacitor Problem.
>
> Dave, All:
>
> Here follows, for your entertainment, the rantings of a lunatic.
>
> As the dielectric constant of free space (vacuum):
> How can nothing (the vacuum) do something (store energy)?
> It can't.
>
> Therefore, since space has properties, it cannot be nothing.
> (it's an AETHER/or thing!)
>
> This begs the question: What the &*%-at- is space, anyway?!
>
> Flames, brickbats, letterbombs etc. welcome...
>
> Jeffrey (I'm probably nuts, please help me) Wiggins.

Jeff,

I can't tell you what space is, but I can tell you what it isn't.

It is not nothingness!!

Some of the most tantalizing future discoveries may well revolve around
what we now call "empty space".  There have been, in the past, hushed
questions, speculations, etc.  They are becoming rumblings like a heard
of approching cattle.  To discuss the subject beyond this from a point of
authority would make one seem as mad as a hatter!

Richard Hull, TCBOR