[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solid-state TC - transformer design

RE: Counterpoises
	I have chicken wire covering the top of the 4' by 4'
table on which I run my 3" by 16" coil.  It seems to serve as
a pretty good counterpoise in the sense that there is not
"too much" RF floating around on the rest of the stuff in
the attic.  A much bigger piece of screen (say the whole floor
of the room) should work quite well.  The advantage is that
the ground (soil) resistance doesn't enterin, which is the
reason why almost all commercial broadcast (and LF/VLF)
transmitting sites use an extensive counterpoise system,
often several feet above the ground.
	Of course, a very solid ground for the purposes
of keeping 60 cyle currents where the belong is mandatory
for safety reasons.
Ed Phillips