[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dinking

Tesla List wrote:

> >From sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.eduTue Oct  8 22:11:39 1996
> Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 14:05:38 EDT
> From: SROYS <sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Dinking
>
> > With Tesla coil builders, we have a bunch of dorks dinkin' around with
> > gaps with no controls and virtually no knowledge
> > [big snip]
>
> >From my own observations, the worst person to have around is the one who
> thinks he has all the answers.  Count me among the proud, the few,
> the "dinkers"!
>
> Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)

Steve,

One can dink around from a standpoint of knowledge in search of answers.
These are not the ones I alluded to in my commentary, of course.  Dinking
is not a shunable offense.  Scientists rarely consider themselves as
dinkin' around.  (they do it though)  We all dink around.  Some do it
aimlessly.

  My wife tells her friend I "putter" around in my lab.  I take no
offense, as it suits her understanding of what I do and and gratifies her
and her friends.

Richard Hull