[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

snip
> > 2) Since I have already have an investment in the 25KVA pig which
> > is rewired on the low voltage side so that both 120 volt windings
> > are in parallel ("Star")... If I plunk for another 7200-120/240
> > pig, would it be better to rewire the second pig to match the
> > first, and run the two "Star" wired LV windings in series to get
> > to 240 volts input... Or, should I rewire my existing pig so that
> > Richard Quick
> >
> > ... If all else fails... Throw another megavolt across it!
> > ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
>
> Richard,
> 	If I were you I'd buy a second 7200-240/120 pig. That way
> your original investment is'nt wasted. Unless of course you
> can trade your old pig in. Second, I'd rewirer your LV back to the
> Delta configuration and wire the pigs together for parrelel
> operation (While your HV are in series). This is my opinion,
> I like keeping things simple.
>
> 	Last, who do you know that sells 14,400 10 KVA pigs?
> 	I'd like to have thier phone number.
>
> D. Gowin
>
> >From gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.milThu Sep 12 20:42:03 1996
> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 13:22:52 -0500
> From: Dan Gowin <gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Beating Solved

What is this 'star' 'delta' stuff anyway? I thought these pigs were single
phase? I am familiar with these terms in a three phase system however. I
also realize that the  120/240 side is two phase 180 deg. ( my roommates
and I once got 240 by using two separate wall sockets in our appartment).
dave huffman