[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Any Reason For This???

Fellow sparkers,

While firing my 6" coil the other night I decided
to put my earlier 4" on a chair so that the top bushing
was about 2' away from the 6" coils torroid just
to see what would happen.  I expected the arcs
to strike the top terminal of the 4" and who knows
maybe what else?   I was suprised that rather than
hit the top terminal the arc took a direct path
about a third way down the 4" coil puncturing a
hole through the Behr build 50 and stayed there
like it was glued solidly.  Anyone have a idea why
this arc missed a brass terminal that was about 6"
closer and took the hard road through epoxy and
formvar to find happieness?
My explaination to the bystanders that night was
"RF is some weird stuff".  Perhaps someone could
be a little more technical.
Glenn