[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMP cabinet

Tesla List wrote:

> >From lazer-at-earth.wazoo-dot-comThu Sep 26 21:43:03 1996
> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 07:55:23 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Stanley Harle <lazer-at-earth.wazoo-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: EMP cabinet
>
> > I have never sealed or sanded a tube in my life!!  I just wipe it down
> > with acetone (removes the printing and oils), and then wind the hell out
> > of it.
>
>         Do you seal the ends of your tubes?
>
> Stan Harle

Stan,

Never...ever do I seal the end of a tube.  They remain hollow through and
through!!  Basically, it is saw it off...Wipe it down with some suitable
carcinogenic agent and wind away.  After I finish, I go to the computer
and figure out how much wire I put on and about how many turns there are.
 I use a very old but very suitable program called Tesla 551 to figure
out what the inducatnce and res freq. should be. (again, only after the
tube is wound up)  Finally I ring the thing out with all the test gear
and find out what it really is to within a few percent.  On a stockish
winding the program comes out to within 10%, usually.

Richard Hull, TCBOR