[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: doorknob capacitor

Brent:
	Yep, they came from Hiway, which now goes under Nick Andree's
name apparently.  My nephew and I bought the last sixty or so of them,
and he is now out (or at least was the last time I talked to him).
We didn't find any bad ones, or at least I didn't (measured the
capacitance and 1 kHz dissipation factor of all of them by screwing
in terminals, and a grossly loose terminal would have shown up, I
think), and the only one which has failed was due to gross stupidity.
Main problem is their temperature sensitivity.....
	So, as far as I know, the "million of 'em...." are no more.
High Voltage Press up north was selling the identical parts (even
same lot numbers) for somewhat more money.  Bought some of those too,
and had decent results with them as well.
Ed Phillips