[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Arc length vs pwr

Hi All,

I am trying to compile a list of data points regarding the
relationship of output arc length to coil input power.  I
would like to get data on as many different coil systems as
possible.  If you have made reasonably accurate measurements
of these parameters on your coil, I would very much appreciate
your input.  I am trying to come up with a physics model of
the enigmatic tesla coil arc, and need a varied selection of
empirical data points to help verify the model.  After compiling
the data, I will publish the results here.

The most important parameters for this study are:
Total AC input power (watts)
Output arc length (inches)
Gap repetition rate (pulses per second)

Other useful data to include: