[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Multiphase Tank Circuits

> From: Richard Quick <richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org>

> late regarding the new power supply, I wanted to drop in a
> comment, and perhaps get some feedback on the possibility of
> three
> phase tank circuit inputs.

I've been thinking about a system that uses three-phase input.. I've
not done any experimentation about the subject because it requires
three caps, a special RSG and three phase equipment I don't have
because all my systems use 1-phase. Perhaps I'll do what I describe
below after getting DC primary feed operational.

The idea :

   Phase-x ---------rotary x

              Cx

   ground-----------rotary x

and x = 1,2,3 with three-phase input.

So, the system would load three cap with each reaching the peak
at different times. The rotary would be a synchronous gap with
x * 2 * y electrodes, where x = 3 with three phase and y to get more
breaks per half-cycle - assuming constant RPM. The electrodes would be
connected so that at each firing only one (the one with cap loaded and
peak voltage) capasitor would be connected to the primary coil and
thus forming tank. This would mean that one would supply THREE TIMES
the energy one could supply with the same break-rate (per capasitor)
using 1-phase (and one cap) operation.

The same would apply using DC input to all caps and amount of caps
reaching infinity. It would overcome the barrier of finite capasitor
charging/decharging times..

Has someone actually done this??

I don't know if this is what you meant but sounds like fun,

  Kristian Ukkonen.