[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging Next

<< d,
 	I've not enough experience to make more than a general
 suggestion. Try 2 then 1;)

Jim - I will try this next time I get it set up.

 	Did you make any other changes to your primary circuit besides
 shortening the interconnection length and changing it Cu tubing.
 Change the number of gaps connected in your static gap? Regap your
 rotary gap?

No other changes other than the primary circuit.  I did disconnect the filter
caps when I was trying to isolate the problem and they are still
dicsonnected.  I think I will hook them back up.

 	I just looked at your old photos. Did you change the length of
 wire from your filter board to the TC? I'm poking around looking for
 some change in the ballast to pig to primary cap and spark gap that
 has changed the ~60Hz resonance.

No, all the hook up wire on both sides of the pig are the same as before.

 	Have you remeasured your primary cap to see if it has changed
 value?

No I haven't measured the value of the capacitor as my problems have been
with just getting the gaps to fire, not specifically with tuning.

 	Just thinking out loud.

 	jim

Thanks for the ideas.   Ed Sonderman