[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Copper Rod Grounding

Quoting "Peter J. Papadopoulos" <pjp-at-compulink.gr>:

> I am trying to construct a ground for a TC.
> I used 2 copper grounding rods, each about 1.5m, burried in the
> ground. The distance between them is about 6m. The rods are
> connected with a cable.
> Does this seem an adequate ground for a TC?

It is a start, and you can fire a small coil off of this without
a problem. The larger coils would surely require additional
ground rods. Also it is difficult to know how your ground is
going to work without getting an idea of the type soil the rods
are driven into. Dry, sandy soil is the worst. Wet heavy clay is
better. Throwing your rods into the ocean would be one of the
best.

It helps to soak these type grounds down with a hose before using
them.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12